The OS Group of Technische Universität Dresden (TUD:OS) has released a live demo CD of their operating system project. They have been researching on microkerne-based design with focus on real-time and security.
Some highlights of the Demo CD are:
- A new approach for securing graphical user interfaces called Nitpicker,
- Multiple virtualized Linux kernels running deprivileged on the L4/Fiasco microkernel,
- A survey of device driver architectures on microkernel-based systems,
- The presentation of our virtual-file-system approach,
- A secure transaction application, Qt3 demo applications, and libSDL-based applications running directly on our custom operating system foundation.
More information – an ISO image, and screenshots are available at the demo CD website