Easy Ubuntu is an easy way to make Ubuntu usable in few minutes. This is a beginner’s tool using a graphical interface.
Easy Ubuntu allows you to:
- Add extra repositories for installing a lot of additional software.
- Install multimedia codecs for reading all videos, musics and DVDs.
- Activate the “audio preview” feature in Nautilus.
- Install the most needed Firefox plugins: Flash, Java, Real, videos. Adds Microsoft fonts, GNOME’s Firefox buttons, officials Firefox icons.
- Install archiving support for RAR and ACE.
- Install the most used peer-to-peer softwares: aMule (a clone of eMule) and Azureus (for Bittorent).
- Install the Skype voice-over-IP software. (Warning: at this time Skype is not packaged for Breezy so install don’t work)
- MSN: Install AMSN cvs with webcam support.
- Num lock: Active the num lock at system startup.
- Replace the GNOME foot logo with Ubuntu’s logo.
- Install the NVIDIA or ATI driver for 3D support.
I guess everyone using Ubuntu must get this and install. Really how easy life has become with free sotwares.
Tech Tags: ubuntu linux gnu/linux easy+ubuntu