TrueCrypt is a Free, open-source disk encryption software for Windows XP/2000/2003 that encrypts on the fly.
- It can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk.
- It can encrypt an entire hard disk partition or a device, such as USB memory stick, floppy disk, etc.
- Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
- Hidden volume (more information may be found here).
- No TrueCrypt volume can be identified (TrueCrypt volumes cannot be distinguished from random data).
Tech Tags: encrypt decrypt security software